Bike to Work & School
in Bellingham, WA.
Some bike friendly routes in Bellingham.
Also see my blog entries on Bike To
Work and Bicycling
to more info at
Baker Bike Club
People setting up a Celebration
Station at State and Holly, 2004.
of reasons to promote car free lifestyles
2003 banner. I doctored it with current date. Old
Waldron Hotel building in background. Now converted to condominiums.
- Saves oil and dependency on Middle East
- Reduces greenhouse effect
- Reduces obesity and spiraling health care costs
- Cuts traffic congestion
- Takes up less space for parking
- Allows preservation of historic buildings by reducing
- Reduces the highway death toll
- Reduces runoff from paved surfaces
- Encourages people to get out and meet one another
by walking, biking and using public transit in our communities.